Sunday, November 2, 2008

Inspiration



coming back from dance rehearsal today I all of a sudden felt very inspired. There are just certain songs, movement, emotions, that really move me. I am so grateful to still be dancing and that dancing is still the medium through which I get my release.

When I got home, I just felt the need to let energy out. I just turned on the music and let it carry me. It's been a long time since I've done this, and it really felt so good. I watched the above video again--I must have watched this video 100 times over the summer; it just got me. That a feeling so raw and emotional can be conveyed visually like that is just amazing.

I just sometimes have to remember that that is what it is: a release. Dance is supposed to be the fun part of my life. Once I start getting my head wrapped around logistics and performance and reasons for dancing, I think I lose sight of the ultimate point of dance. I dance because the music and emotion move me to...not to prove something to other people, to be in the spotlight, to perform, or to get ahead. I've stuck with dance (and not theatre) because it has always been that medium through which I gain clarity.

I'm just grateful, happy, and inspired to dance. I hope that never changes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hear hear.

misskathylin said...

somehow i knew you would be the one to understand me. :)