Friday, May 28, 2010

A perfect night

Delicious meal (salad (strawberries, avocado, and red peppers), and bruschetta) a bottle of cold beer, and This American Life, sitting out on my front porch, (valiantly ignoring mosquitos), enjoying the dusk. The cool night air feels amazing on my slightly sunburnt shoulders (evidence from an afternoon of sitting on another porch).

summer totally rejuvenates me. i need to have more nights like this. i never noticed how i am such a person of extremes. i can do several days and nights like this, just relaxing, doing nothing, eating good food, and enjoying an atmosphere. i can also do several nights in a row of not sleeping, intense stress, several immediate commitments, and poor eating. maybe both sides need each other? sometimes i feel guilty about indulging myself a bit with these nights. but then i remember the nights where i barely have even time to stop and think. do they balance each other out? hope so...

in any case, i now have yummy food in my fridge, and quality wine to top it off. and the weather just keeps getting better and better. my soul is happy. :)

No comments: